Vertical Exploration Inc. is an advanced-stage, Canadian junior mining company which is listed on the Toronto Venture Exchange (“V.VERT”).
- The Company’s flagship asset, the St-Onge wollastonite project, is located in the Lac Saint Jean region of Quebec, and Vertical’s objective over the next 24 months is to fast track this world class deposit into an economically-viable project.
- The wollastonite deposit is high grade and open-pittable, with a NI43-101 measured and indicated resource of 14 million tonnes (“Mt”) at 36.61%, and an inferred resource of 18 Mt at 40.25%.
- Wollastonite is a naturally-occurring mineral, with a wide range of industrial applications as a reinforcing agent, including ceramics, polymers such as plastics and rubber, paint fillers, metallurgy, paper and friction materials.
- According to the USGS summary on wollastonite, total global supply of refined product in 2019 amounted to 800,000 tonnes, with an estimated 530,000 tonnes produced in China, alone.
- Large quantities of research also highlight the potential of wollastonite in the agricultural sector, and could be used as a soil amendment product, natural fungicide and slow-release fertilizer.